Thursday, April 10, 2008




After back-to-back trips to Oregon and then to North Lake Tahoe to see family, I'm home today, taking care of my 3 year-old granddaughter, who is just a doll. (I think, as so many grandparents do, that my grandchildren are just absolutely adorable, but I'm hesitant to publish photos over the Internet because it makes me a little nervous--you never know who is viewing your blog--although it appears that almost no one knows my blog is here, anyway!) My little grandbaby is very much into "Hannah Montana" like so many girls are right now--and she's been playing with her Hannah doll, which is the size of a Barbie. The doll talks and sings if you push a little button where her belly-button should be! It's made me think about my first Barbie doll (I was older when I received it for a birthday and how I wish it hadn't gotten lost over the years!) This has also made me think about how things have changed with each new generation, yet one thing remains the same: little girls still love their dollies, no matter what century they live in. The photo above is of my paternal grandmother, probably taken about 1906 or so. She looks like she's about the same age as my granddaughter is now. My grandma was a great lady and the most wonderful grandmother, and we were very close. I often think of her and miss her so much. I hope that I can always be the same kind of loving, sweet grandma to my grandchildren that she was to me.

1 comment:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

What a lovely photograph. It's amazing how these images link us to our past.
Blessings!
Cathy