Friday, August 26, 2011
Here's my contribution to this week's Tag Challenge at BelleSouth--"A" for Art. I started with a plain manilla tag and used Stewart Superior Transfer Ink to imprint an inkjet image of a rose. I then used stamps and embellishments, including a vintage button and paper flowers from Prima to finish.
Monday, August 22, 2011
I'm just coming in on the tail end of this week's theme of "Vintage Photo"on the Tuesday Tag Challenge at BelleSouth--the challenge is to use a vintage photo or copy of one on your tag this week. I used a favorite Paper Whimsy image and tried to keep it simple this time around. The words came from an antique children's book.
Friday, August 12, 2011
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
This week the challenge over at at Belle South's Challenge Garden is to make a tag featuring a human face as the focal point. I colored my tag background using Tim Holtz's Distress Ink and one of his background techniques. (Here is a video of Tim's, showing the technique.) Then I got some cardstock out, and stamped my face, using an old "Tin Can" stamp from Inkadinkado. After I cut that out, I colored it with watercolor pencils and chalk. I added some butterfly wings from a Luna Girl collage sheet, and then attached the wings and faceto the tag, using a gluestick and brayer. I added some sparkles, (crystals and Stickles), and ribbons, and there you have it! (And I'm so glad I didn't have a 10 minute limit on this one, lol!) PS: The glitter on the wings doesn't show up, but they do sparkle! The tag looks so much better in person, but my photography skills are clearly insufficient--Click twice on tag to see it up close!)