Friday, September 4, 2009

GOTHIC ARCHES TAG


I began with a K and Company background tag; I made a template for a mini arch, cut that out of cream cardstock, stamped and edged it using Distress Ink, and glued it to my background. Next, I used a round punch to cut out a copied photo of my great-grandmother. I cut out pieces from a paper doily, glued them to the back of the little photo for a "frame" and then attached the image to my arch. I then stamped the "Adore" and flourishes on my tag, and added antique lace and antique buttons. Lastly, I used a small amount of chalk to add some color to the little girl's cheeks. (The original photo was taken sometime in the 1870s, I believe--my great grandmother's name was Rose. Click on my tag to get a better view of her!) You can see all of the wonderful arch projects over at Gothic Arches!

13 comments:

Lori Saul said...

This is a very lovely arch tag and how nice to use a family member's photo- very special!

Lynn said...

Simply beautiful arch tag, I love how you used your grandmother's photo too, and the lace just makes it more vintage :)

Sandy said...

OMG what a darling Tag.
Absolutely gorgeous.

Jeanne said...

great tag and what a compliment to be invited to be a celebrity! congratulations!

Faye said...

Jann, this is such a dainty and elegant tag/arch. I love it that you have this old family photo and used it so beautifully. The buttons, lace and flourishes are such lovely touches. I think your ggm would be very pleased to have been featured on such a nice art piece.

Kris Dickinson said...

SO soft and pretty! I love how delicate it is!

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Beautiful. I love the pic of your grandmother.

Lynn Stevens said...

I just adore your adore tag and its wonderful that you included a picture of your Great Grandmother!
very special

Christine said...

So pretty...great choice of colors and your image is so, so sweet! What a gorgeous arch...love it!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic arch tag, love the lace at the top!

Viola said...

This looks so wonderful and lovely! :-)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is such a fantastic tag. I love the vintage feel, lace and embellishment under the photo. beautiful work!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

What a very special arch tag you created with your great-grandmother's photo Jann!! I love the way you framed her and the accents of the vintage lace & buttons looks so beautiful! Ohhh Jann...how lovely this is! Love, Carol Anne