Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday's Workout - "Alter a Photo"




I've wanted to participate in Saturday's Workout challenges for a long time; this weekend, I got the chance! The theme for this week was to alter an original postcard or photo. I took an old cabinet card that I had and made it into a Halloween card--I used alcohol inks, Liquid Shimmer, Pearl-ex Powders, stamps and ink, watercolor pencils and a Versamark pen, a little paper, and Stickles glitter to alter and enhance the background and photo. You name it, I used it! You can't really see it in the photo, but her eyes glow with the red glitter-- I was just playing around, and I don't think it's perfect by any means, but it was lots of fun.

12 comments:

Faye said...

Wow, Jann, this looks like so much fun. I love PearlEx and Stickles and all that glittery stuff, just as it seems you do. The colors of this piece are just awesome. This is so well done.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jan you had the perfect "witch" image. Love your Halloween transformation.

Sandy said...

Yeah this is stunning.
Unbelievable design and work. Love them.

Thanks Jann for your altered work to SaWo.

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love what you did with this with this card. ANesha

Femmy said...

fantastic!! great background and you made her a great witch!!

Lynn said...

Love what you did with this lady, tee hee, I often wonder what these people would think when we alter them :)

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Wonderful alteration of that cab card Jan, your colors are very cool, you brought so much life to her!!~

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

meant to say Jann ;)

Happy Monday!

Martina said...

This piece is just brilliant. Great work !

LivArtNow said...

This is excellent!! love it!!! Great halloween card!!

Linda

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

WOW, what an amazing transformation, I love it! She is one scary witch...incredible job!! You are soooo talented!
Love, Carol Anne

Viola said...

GORGEOUS!!!