Sunday, September 6, 2009

GOTHIC ARCHES-The Celebration Continues!


Gothic Arches is continuing their 2-year birthday celebration with the theme of Cupcakes. I have read that cupcakes are called "Fairy Cakes" in England, and I thought it would be fun to make an arch with a fairy! I began with background paper from K & Co., took a little guy and a cupcake from collage sheets I had in my "stash" from Lisa's Altered Art and made a tiny crown for him, and added some glitter to his wings and crown. I placed him on a page I had from an early 1900s children's book and added some flourishes to my arch, added some flower stickers, a paper flower and a little more glitter, and there you have it--a fairy with a fairy cake! As always, you can get a better look at the arch by clicking on the photo. And again, congrats to Gothic Arches!!!!!!

9 comments:

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh Jann this is so sweet! I love the beautiful colors and sweet image! Thank you for playing and celebrating with us!

Terri said...

This is so lovley! Great job on it.

Lynn said...

What a darling birthday arch, love it!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Ohhh Jann...your arch is so precious! The little boy is as sweet as can be!! Love, Carol Anne

Robin said...

You have some beautiful arches here Jann! Love that tag arch!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

A darling arch, Jann. So like your fairy against the text background!

Barb said...

Oh Jann, your arch is so sweet, I like the "frame" - nice touch.

Sandy said...

OMG this is darling.
So lovely and gorgeous.

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous, love this little fairy cake guy!