Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another ATC!


I did this for yesterday's ATC Wednesday-the theme is music! The background of my little piece is vintage sheet music from the 1920s, which I glued to a playing card and then painted with acrylic and highlighted with chalk ink. I've been very busy this morning . . . watching the birds in my backyard! I have two mockingbird parents who have been busily flying back and forth, feeding their 4 babies, and a robin who has been eating the peanut butter & cornmeal balls I left for him in a dish, along with red-winged blackbirds, beautiful red house finches, mourning doves, and a hummingbird, all eating from my feeders! I had a quail perched on my fence yesterday--what fun!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous!! Love that bird image!!

Lissie said...

Absolutly gorgeous!! Have a nice day! :)

The Feathered Nest said...

Your ATC is just beautiful Jann! It's wonderful to watch the birds isn't it? I hope you're having a great week sweetie ~ xxoo, Dawn

Robin said...

Love your bird ATC Jann!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is lovely.
Cute ATC. Love it.

Lydia said...

Oh, how pretty!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Beautiful! My parents had a pair or mockingbirds which nested in a tree near their back door. They could be rather honery when someone came too near their babies.
:)

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

it is easy to imagine why your ATC is so inspired with so many fabulous feathered friends to entertain you! I didn't know that robins ate anything other than worms :)

LivArtNow said...

I can see that we have the love for birds in common :)I can actually hear birds singing as I'm writing this. A Beautiful bird atc!!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Beautiful ATC Jann! I love being outdoors especially early in the morning. I often bring my camera with me just in case a little hummingbird visits. It must be just wonderful having all of the different birds in your yard!! I had a little wren visiting the other morning, she sat on the edge of my fountain for a drink, it was so cute! Luckily I had my camera with me so I could get a picture! I'll post it on my blog for you to see. I really enjoyed talking to you last week. Wish we lived closer so we could visit!
Love, Carol xoxo

QueenBe said...

Jann thank you for introducing me to your blog! It's wonderful, and so is your work! I might have to check out the ATC Wednesday challenge!