Friday, June 6, 2008

"Taking a Break with Helen"



Well, I thought I'd better take a break from actually making some art versus thinking about making some art, and leave a post on here . . . I find that, although I wanted this to be mostly a blog for my artwork, I haven't done much of that lately. My blog has gone in several different directions, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I've been so busy with grandchildren and family, and I have all of my art supplies in boxes in my daughter's bedroom closet, with really nowhere to spread them out. Since we STILL haven't sold our home in Idaho, (which is just the way the market is there, unfortunately), we're sort of "vagabonds" right now. I haven't worked since we moved here at the end of January, and I need to get busy and look for a job so we can move into an apartment. My daughter doesn't want us to leave, and paying rent to her is helping her, as she's a single mom, but I feel that 4 months is much longer than we originally planned to stay--and going from a 2900 square-foot home to basically, only a bedroom and bathroom that we can call our own, has been hard. I am truly grateful that she's opened her home to us, but I think we need our own space, and she and her little girl need to have the house to themselves, no matter how much they protest.

I found this cabinet card photo in a little antique shop when I spent that lovely afternoon with Myrna, and anyone's welcome to use the image. There is a name written on the back of the card: it looks like "Helen Nippert Pulleon" to me. Maybe it was she who sported the original "bowl cut" ~ at any rate, she was a cutie!

3 comments:

pchickki said...

Cute picture Jann. I will copy it for use in the future. Get those art supplies out and creat, I am anxious to see what you can do. Your blog is so pretty and your posts are wonderful and the music you have is so calming.

What part of Idaho are you from? I was born and raised and still have family in Nampa. I was just there in February whem my Mother passed away.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I did have a pretty good day.
Thanks again
Hugs
God Bless You
Patti

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I love the photo you found. It is hard living with our kids.
Thinking of you tonight...
xoxo Nita

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Sweet little girl. Something about that "almost grin" just grabs your attention--I can see why you had to take her home with you.
Cathy