Friday, June 13, 2008
"Tag, I'm It"
Photo courtesy of Vintage Stamper
Well, it seems as though I've been "tagged" by my friend Patti of Treasure Barn, and since I haven't done this before, I will try my best.
The Rules of the Tag Game: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Well, I don't think of myself as all that interesting, but here goes:
1. I am painfully shy. Long ago, when I was in high school, as I slowly made friends, people would tell me they were surprised I was such a nice person; they'd thought I was "stuck up" because I didn't talk to or look at people.
2. I am a magazine addict, (although my "habit" is currently under control).
3. I once roller-skated across the Golden Gate Bridge with one of my girlfriends. We made it to the other end, 1.7 miles later, on the old shoe skates that had metal wheels!
4. I absolutely HATE watermelon and I don't know why, but I wouldn't even let my kids chew watermelon-flavored gum when they were growing up because I couldn't stand the smell of it.
5. My hair is naturally curly, but I flat-iron it to make it straight. Most people who have only seen me with straight hair are very surprised when they see me if I let it dry naturally.
6. I am really good at teaching dogs to do tricks!
7. I started college at the age of 39 and graduated with a B.A. in English, summa cum laude, while raising 4 kids alone and holding down a part-time job. (I'm not bragging; I just couldn't think of anything else for number 7!)
Here's the list of ladies I'm passing this on to:
Myrna of More than Heirlooms
Jean of Bluebirds Living in the Meadow
Heather of Creative Solace
Louise of Kard Krazy
BJ of Sweet Nothings
Jen of The Cottage Nest
Faith of Faith's Vintage Vanity
Whew! That was a lot of work! Have a very lucky Friday the 13th, everyone!