Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Taking a Break - Happy 80th, Mom!!!!



This is a little birthday card I made for my sweet mom, who is turning 80 in a few days. I picked her up at the airport yesterday, and she is visiting with me and my family until my sisters fly in tomorrow so we can surprise her with a trip to San Francisco this weekend! We have several things planned for her; it's always been my mom's favorite city since we lived there for awhile back in 1961. The beautiful image I used for the card is from Outsider Artists. I will be back blogging on Sunday . . . have a wonderful week and weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow Jann Happy Birthday to your mum. Have wonderful day´s.
Youre card is gorgeous. Really lovely.

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Oh Jann...what a beautiful and heartfelt surprise you and your sisters have planned for your dear Mom! She will be so very happy and will always cherish the memories from this special trip! Absolutely gorgeous card, your Mom will certainly love it and treasure it always!
Love,
Carol Anne

QueenBe said...

Jann you are so lucky to still have your Mom... and she is lucky to have you and your sisters do such special things for her birthday. Enjoy each others company!!

Janny said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats with your Mom;o)

Lissie said...

Georgeous! Marvelous! Love the colors to!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jann, I'm sure your mom will love this card -- it has a gorgeous vintage look:)

Kim said...

That is a LOVELY little card! I'm suddenly feeling the need to make one for my mom , 'just because'!
Enjoy the weekend , hope you guys all have tons of fun together!

SweetAnnee said...

Tis a lovely card.. You're so lucky to still have your mom.. Hope she has a great day!!!

Deena

Lydia said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Wow! 80 ! terrific:D


and the card is beautiful, as usual:D xo Lydia

Kris Dickinson said...

Gorgeous! WOW!~

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Hope your Mom had a lovely celebration for her 80th! SF is such a wonderful town, I wish we weren't on the opposite coast, we could easily live in SF!
Your card is so beautiful Jann!
~*~ Patty