Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TMTA - "Eyes" and Ten on Tuesday



I'm a little late for Ten on Tuesday, and a lot late for TMTA (the theme is "eyes" and, well, Bette Davis--do I need to say more?) but I thought I'd post both, anyway. Ten on Tuesday's list for this week is "10 Signs that You're Getting Older" and since I just turned 56 (oh my gosh!) on Monday, I thought it was appropriate. And let me just say to those gals who commented on turning 30 or are close to it and feel like they're getting old: Ladies, rejoice--because you are young, and so blessed to BE young! Believe me, looking back, I remember feeling like I was just so old when I turned 30, and now, I would give anything to be that young again! If I could have a "do over" I'd stay out of the sun, and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!--(which is what I'm doing now, of course, but it would have been so much more helpful in the long run if I'd done it then). Okay, now that I've climbed off my soapbox, here's my list:

10 Signs that You're Getting Older
1) You need glasses to read.
2) You listen to NPR and "oldies" instead of rock and roll.
3) Your metabolism slows down and it's harder to stay thin.
4) Your knees are stiff.
5) You wear turtlenecks and scarves to hide your neck.
6) You don't like loud music anymore (see #2).
7) Adolescents and teenagers bother you.
8) You hate Hannah Montana (see #7).
9) You fall asleep while you're watching TV in the evenings.
10) You visit your hair stylist every month to get the gray covered up!

6 comments:

Nancy B said...

I will have that song in my head now about Bette Davis eyes. Great ATC!

Sandy said...

Oh Jann this is absolutely glamour. Beautiful women. Love this ATC.

Stracci`s BLOG said...

Wow, i love this! So beautifull!!!

Glenda said...

My answer is All of the above.

I relate so much to all of these, it's like they knew........ LOL

Ciao

Amy said...

Your piece is super fantastic..I love it so much.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ATC