Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Little Canvas Collage


I was going to submit this for the Layers of Color Challenge, but just couldn't get it posted, so I'll have to try for the new challenge sometime this week. I wanted to put a photo on here of what I did, anyway, because it was fun to work on and it's finished, so . . . it's been very hard to do any artwork lately because I have to do a lot of it on my lap-- there' just nowhere right now where I can spread out all of my art supplies. We still haven't sold our house in Boise and have been looking for apartments--we will probably move soon so that we can have our own place again. I was so fortunate to have some time recently being in my house again and it was lovely to have all that space and all my things surrounding me and my songbirds and hummingbirds eating at the feeders in the backyard again. I miss that, but my husband's job is here now, and so are 5 of our grandchildren, so this is where I am at this point in time. I'm applying for teaching jobs and should have something soon after being too lazy and depressed to work the past few months--I keep thinking of that little Mary Engelbreit saying, "Bloom Where You're Planted" and I have to live my life that way--if I could only just get my brain to catch up with where my body is residing!

10 comments:

Myrna said...

But it's so hard to "bloom" when you don't have roots down! My heart goes out to you my friend--I'm praying that you can make your home in God's heart right now..and that He will provide a seller for Boise and a HOME for you here!!
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Life is hard sometimes, isn't it?
Praying for you!
Myrna

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I like what Myrna had to say about not blooming where there's no roots. Theres something in that.
I love your card,..the pinks and blues are divine. Love the buttons,too!

*jean* said...

Best wishes to you, hoping you have a sweet new place to dwell soon. All the love in your life will make your new place a home...

*jean* said...

ooo I meant to say that I love your little canvas too!!!

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Jann. I hope you are doing better in the days to come. I can related to moving and adjusting. Lucky for you, you have some family near! Good luck in your job search. Love the new collage!
Hugs, Sharon

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Jann...I am so sorry to hear that you have been depressed. It makes me sad to think that you have been so down. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers sweet friend. The perfect teaching job is waiting for you and a new place to call home sweet home once again. It is just so hard waiting for these things to happen sweetie, but it will, I just know it, and everything will be ok.
Praying for you and sending you a big hug.
Love always,
Carol Anne

p.s.
What a beautiful canvas collage, I just love your creations!

Heather Robinson said...

This piece is truly charming and oh so pretty. So glad you found some time (and space) for art. Mary Engelbreit's saying is so true but not always easy to follow. I just hope everything comes together for you soon. Your grandchildren must be a blessing to you.

Lydia said...

Hi Jann- What a nice canvas collage.Is that one of those small square framed canvases?

What subject(s) and level(s) do you teach? I know how stressful waiting can be concerning home sales. That living in limbo can be very difficult. Just picture yourself in a nice , cozy, friendly home, doing what you'd love to be doing.Thank goodness you have your art!, what little space there is:)

Thank you for your compliment that you left about my apron from the apron swap.Suddenly I'm sewing again.

xo Lydia

pchickki said...

This is such a lovely little collage.
The colors are so soft and the image is so precious!

So you are selling you home and moving back to Idaho? Am I reading this wrong. Selling you house in Boise and looking for an apartment. Whatever it is you are doing I wish you luck and God Speed.
Hugs
Patti

vintage wil said...

beautiful canvas !!!!