Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bird Dog

Here's a photo of my little guy, Baxter. He thinks he's a Super Hero, and is somehow under the impression that the birds that come to our feeders need to be barked at and chased. Fortunately, he is a house-dog/couch potato, and isn't allowed to go outside and harass the birds. He'd sure love to, though! Here are a few more bird pictures, too. The first is of a juvenile Cooper's Hawk who stopped to take a bath, and then a little female House Sparrow who did the same. Then there's the Canada Goose and her goslings I saw on a "nature walk" this past summer. Have a great Thursday!



6 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

ADORABLE bird dog!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I am new to your blog and I am enjoying my visit here very much and I owe it all to Baxter's cute little face that led me here! He is such a cutie! Enjoy your day! Twyla

The Feathered Nest said...

Baxter is just PRECIOUS Jann!!! I bet he thinks he's big stuff....I know you must just love him! xxoo, Dawn

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

precious puppy!!!\
your hawk in the birdbath is a wonderful and exiting photo!!! Oh MY!!!
Nature is just SO awesome!
oxo

Martina said...

Your super hero "Baxter" is so sweet and cute, Jann. When my daughter (12 years old) saw the photo, she was thrilled!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

it is a pleasure to meet Baxter! We also have one reigning our household...but he is a black and white "tuxedo" cat! He is the silliest. :)