Thursday, February 14, 2013

Little Chipboard Heart

This was my first attempt at making a little chipboard heart inspired by Nancy Maxwell-James for her 14 heARTs tutorial project.  Nancy has generously shared many of her sweet Valentine's projects and how to create them on her blog, Sugarlump Studios.  I made the heart too small and discovered that the Paper Whimsy images I wanted to use were too large to fit, so I had to settle for another image.  I love this image of the sweet angel girls, but the heart came out looking more like a Christmas ornament than a Valentine's heart!  Oh, and my skills with a glue gun are practically non-existent, so I had a lot of trouble applying the tinsel around the heart, but it was good practice for me.  Despite that little glitch, it truly was fun to get busy creating again!  I made another heart later on, and had a much easier time with the dreaded glue gun! You can see more detail on this by clicking on the picture!

2 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

I think you are too hard on yourself LOL Sweet as can be and if it feels more like Christmas to you..then you are ahead of the game! Hugs,

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I think this is just so sweet, Jann. Glad to have you back creating beautiful vintage art again:)