Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here's another heart I made for the 14 heARTS event that sadly, ends today.  I haven't quite decided on how I want to hang this--not sure I have the right ribbon yet, so I just left it as is for now.  It's been so wonderful to see all the lovely artwork created out of Nancy's (of Sugarlump Studios) generous tutorials!  For  several years, I have loved using vintage images (this one is from Paper Whimsy), antique buttons and ephemera, Stickles glitter and pretty scrapbook paper when I play with paper and chipboard. It's a wonderful way of taking my mind off of my troubles and just enjoying the creative process.  This has been wonderful therapy the past couple of days--thank you, Nancy, for all of your inspiration!

8 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

She's a beauty! I love the ephemera you used, I agree it is so relaxing! Hugs

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Jann
this is sooo sweet! You used one of my favorite Paper Whimsy images too! Thanks so much for playing!

Lynn said...

Great to connect with you again Jann, sounds like you really enjoyed Nancy's 14 hearts, what I have seen here is really pretty :)

Terry said...

Jann, this is gorgeous and I went back a few blog posts and you do some amazing work! Love this heart! So sorry to hear about all the challenges you had to deal with during 2012 and I pray that 2013 will be amazing for you! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my bird, Fred. Yes, I miss that little guy! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

This looks wonderful. I love the vintage image you used. I do hope you had a Happy Valentines Day.

Hugs

PetraB said...

This is a little beauty and so sweet.

Lynn Stevens said...

Its so wonderful to see you back at creating Jann,
What a darling heart!
hugs Lynn

TiffanyJane said...

Lovely!! :)