Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Christmas Image Freebie and Questionnaire
I found this questionnaire on Denise's blog, Bless This Mess, and thought it would be fun to answer the questions:
She says, “Cut and paste and throw down the Christmas Gauntlet on your own blog space with your own answers, if you dare to share!!!!!”
1.'Tis the Season to be? Frazzled!
2. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
3. Real tree or Artificial? Usually real, but we do have an artificial one. A couple of years ago when I told my one of my sisters we'd bought a fake tree, she about had a heart attack! We've only used it twice. I love the smell of a real tree!
4. When do you put up the tree? Oh, pretty late--usually about a week before. I can't get it together before then!
5. When do you take the tree down? About a week after New Year's Day.
6. Do you like eggnog? I love it--especially heated with a little rum in it on a chilly night--yummy!
7. Favourite gift received as a child? Oh, my gosh--I remember this Christmas well--I went to parochial school for 12 years, and one year, 3rd grade, I think, I wanted a nun doll. I still have her!
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He never wants anything!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My grandchildren.
10. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, I don't really have a worst--I've always received nice gifts from family and friends . . . however, I do remember one year when I was young, we exchanged gifts with cousins for a few years, and one year my aunt gave me a dictionary for Christmas. I was incredibly disappointed, especially since she gave my sisters toys, but, as it turned out, I used that dictionary over and over for years and it became very important to me!
13. Favourite Christmas Movie? Heidi, with Shirley Temple
14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? About 2 weeks before—told you I was late!
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, never.
16. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey or ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, the whole works!
17. Lights on the tree? Yes.
18. Favourite Christmas song? O Holy Night and White Christmas.
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually home, sometimes travel.
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes . . . Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen . . . and Rudolph!
21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When I was growing up, we opened gifts after church on Christmas Eve. Then we opened our Santa presents and stockings on Christmas morning. I carried on that tradition with my own children.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the commercialism. I dislike it very much.
24. Favourite ornament theme or colour? I don’t have a favorite. I love it all!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A visit from the grandchildren I don’t get to see so often.