Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tag Tuesday Challenge-"A Face"


This week the challenge over at at Belle South's Challenge Garden is to make a tag featuring a human face as the focal point. I colored my tag background using Tim Holtz's Distress Ink and one of his background techniques. (Here is a video of Tim's, showing the technique.) Then I got some cardstock out, and stamped my face, using an old "Tin Can" stamp from Inkadinkado. After I cut that out, I colored it with watercolor pencils and chalk. I added some butterfly wings from a Luna Girl collage sheet, and then attached the wings and faceto the tag, using a gluestick and brayer. I added some sparkles, (crystals and Stickles), and ribbons, and there you have it! (And I'm so glad I didn't have a 10 minute limit on this one, lol!) PS: The glitter on the wings doesn't show up, but they do sparkle! The tag looks so much better in person, but my photography skills are clearly insufficient--Click twice on tag to see it up close!)

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow what a lovely Tag Jann.
Beautiful design. I love it.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tag.. Love the artsy feel it has..

Screaming Sardine said...

How beautiful. I love that stamped face - very riveting.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

BelleSouth said...

Well done, Jann!

Rebecca

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful tag, So pretty and colorful.
Hope your doing well hun!
Hugs Lynn

Barb said...

Grrr-eat tag, luv your "new" blog header and background too. Ü
Barb

Linda M. said...

What a great tag. I love the face and the wings.

Martina said...

What a brilliant vibrant tag, dear Jann! Fantastic colours and design!.

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Absolutely Exquisite Jann...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!
xo Carol Anne