Monday, August 17, 2009

GOTHIC ARCHES - "Little Boys"



Here's my arch for this week's Gothic Arches theme of little boys:
I scanned and enlarged a very old, faded photo of my dad. He is about 3 years old in the picture; it was taken in 1930. I don't know what he's holding in the photo--it almost looks like a seat pillow of some kind, maybe for the car that is behind him? I wish I knew. Anyway, I printed a copy of the photo, hand-colored it with chalks, and glued it to my background. I added some rub-ons this time, rather than stamping, and there you have it--pretty simple. I so wish I could go back in time to ask him or my grandma about the photo--even better, I wish I could jump into the picture and give that little boy a hug!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely arch, I quite like the compass rose you've added to the top.

Martina said...

Stunning arch, Jann.
Looks fantastic.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I thought this was probably an image of your dad when I first saw it....what a darling photo. And what a lovely arch you've created with it, too!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is wonderful.
Really lovely arch.

pat said...

Love your arch it's nice and funny

Catherine said...

Oh, Jann, your father is so cute! Just look at that tie he has on - quite nattily attired for his day out in the car! And prepared, too-carrying his own seat cushion! Love the way you hand-colored this and added the rub-ons. Very sweet and nostalgic - a beautiful arch!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Jann
what a precious photo of your Dad! I love your adorable arch - so vintage and sweet! :)

Barb said...

Hi Jann,
This is adorable ! :)

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

This is SO precious, wonderful collage details Jann!

~*~ Patty

Lydia said...

Such a cute pic of your Dad- Great arch

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

What a cutie! And what a wonderful tribute to your dad.
:)

Deb L. said...

What a lovely piece... how lucky you are to have such a precious photo of your Dad! Hope all is well... Deb