Friday, March 14, 2008

Memories


Lately, many memories have been passing through my mind; it's been strange, like watching old movies. I don't know where they are all coming from, but a lot of them are from my childhood. I've often wished I had the ability to go back in time for just a short while to revisit people and places. For example, I'd love to have a day back with my children when they were small (a GOOD day, not one of the ones where the baby cried all night or when all of them had the chickenpox at the same time!) or I'd love to see my dad again for one more day when he was well and happy. Or wouldn't it be fun to just jump into an old photo and talk with the people in the picture for awhile? This is a cabinet card photo of my great grandmother. Her name was Rose. I only knew her as an old lady when I was young, but I'd love to know what she was like as a child. Was she quiet, and somber, as she looks in the picture, or was there a lively, fun-loving and mischievous side to her? Feel free to use the photo in your artwork-Please send me an email with a picture of what you created!

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.” (Jeremy Irons)

No comments: