Monday, March 17, 2014

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


I remember the aroma of corned beef and cabbage wafting throughout the house each year on St. Paddy's Day as I was growing up.  My mother always made this from scratch, honoring her Irish roots.  Her great grandmother came to the United States through Ellis Island when she was a young girl, working as a nanny for my great, great grandfather and his wife.  His wife passed away, sadly, and he later married the children's nanny, my great, great grandmother; thus my maternal great grandmother was born.  May you have a wonderful, joyful and safe day today, and . . .
"May you always be blessed with walls for the wind, a roof for the rain, a warm cup of tea by the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all that your heart might desire." (Irish Blessing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)