Thursday, October 27, 2011

GOTHIC ARCH-"Blue"


Here's my arch for this week's theme of "Blue" over at Kris' Gothic Arch Challenge. My arch background was created using an arch I cut from a manilla folder--I stained it with China Blue Distress Ink. The gorgeous little girl image was purchased from Debrina at Land of Enchantment--I can't recommend Debrina's wonderful images highly enough--they are not only gorgeous, but very reasonably priced. You can find them at Paper Pixieland. The paper flowers are from one of K & Company's Ephemera Collections--I bought mine from JoAnn Fabrics. The words are cut out from an old (read "falling apart") children's fairy tale book. (I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the letters on the arch, so I haven't glued those on yet . . . what do you think? With or without?)

9 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is completely gorgeous!!!
XO
Cindy

Junibears said...

This is so very pretty! Beautiful work. xx

ggray said...

I love how much emotion comes from your Gothic Arch pieces! Lovely work!

Unknown said...

WOW!! this is beautiful!

Jacqueline said...

Oh wow - this is just gorgeous, those colors are beautiful! I wanted to make an arch today but it just didn't happen.

DeBRiNa PRaTT said...

awww...the arch is beautiful and thanks for the shout out!
Blessings to you!
Debrina

Cat Stegall said...

the blue is stunning,bet it is even better in person!

Martina said...

Jann, you have again made a quite fantastic arch! Really adorable!

Unfortunately, I could see no blogs for a while. My computer had a crash because of a Trojanvirus. But now everything is okay again!

Have a nice weekend my friend!
Wishes
MARTINA

Sugar Lump Studios said...

The blue is perfect for this arch! It makes that sweet little face (eyes) just pop out! darling arch! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)