Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fairy Frame


I made this altered frame for my oldest daughter's birthday a few days ago--I'm afraid I didn't get a very good picture of it, but I did enjoy creating it for her. Sometime last year, I think it was, I got the idea to cover an inexpensive wooden frame with scrapbook paper from Nancy Maxwell James, who always creates the most beautiful, vintage-inspired art; I love, love, LOVE her blog, Sugarlump Studios! Nancy very kindly told me where to get the frames (Michael's) and also the name of the beautiful paper she used back then for her frames (K&Co's Madeline line). The paper I used here is from Graphic 45. They have the most wonderful vintage images and themes printed on their paper! I thought I'd figured out how to attach the paper by cutting out a template I made and using decoupage gel, but it was very difficult and time-consuming. Lo and behold, I found a much easier way to attach the paper to the fronts of the frames by stumbling on a tutorial by Tammy Tutterow, who provides great video tutorials on her webpage. So, many, many thanks to these wonderful ladies who are always so generous about sharing their art and ideas; I am always so grateful for all of you lovely bloggers who share ideas with the rest of us!

9 comments:

Barb said...

Ooooh Jann, you did a beautiful job on the altered frame. I know your daughter will love it!
Thanks for sharing,
Barb in Texas

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

WOW Jann...I LOVE your frame, it is absolutely stunning!!! The papers you used are so beautiful and the pink Rose cutout in the corner is the perfect accent! Your daughter will just love this and treasure it always!
You have inspired me so much this morning with your gorgeous creation!
Have a wonderful day & weekend!
Love you my dear sweet friend~
Carol Anne

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful piece! great image!!!

alveen said...

Lucky birthday girl! That is adorable.

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Jann, I just used this same image on a Fairy book I did LOL, I'll be sharing it soon on my blog , but just had to tell you.
Darling frame and yes Nancy and Tammy are two very talented ladies.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is darling! I love how delicate it is!

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Hello Jann
This is Lovely! I Love this Image! Thank you for your Visit and Sweet Comment!
Have a Happy Tuesday!
Hugs
Jill

Linda said...

Hi Jann,

Love the Fairy frame! I love Fairies! Thanks for the nice comment on my spoon and bottle.
Have a wonderful week!
Best Wishes,
Linda

Lydia said...

This is beautiful, Jann! I love the muted shades.

xo Lydia