Thursday, August 13, 2009

Theme Thursday - "Orange"


This week the theme over at Theme Thursday is the color orange! Here's the "skinny" on my skinny: I glued scrapbook paper to a 3x5 piece of cardstock, then attached butterfly wings to my vintage image and glued it onto the card. Next, I added the computer-generated French text and embellished the skinny with flourish stamps, antique lace, paper flowers, crystals, and orange Stickles. Finally, I ran turquoise Colorbox chalk ink around the edges, and, VoilĂ ! (It's not perfect by any means, but I think it looks a little better up close and personal--just click on it!)

13 comments:

trisha too said...

this is pretty! i love the turquoise-ish with the orange.
:)

K said...

gorgeous!

Faye said...

Jann, this is gorgeous. And I'm so glad I enlarged it to see all those wonderful details. Your use of orange in all the different places is very creative.

Willy said...

Fabulous skinny, Jann! Your orange-turquoise is a great combination.

Martina said...

Very beautiful artwork !
Love your style.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is so lovely Jann! beautiful work! :)

Sandy said...

Really really beautiful.
Fantastic design and work. Love them.

Lynn Stevens said...

This is just too Lovely for words!!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jann, this is stunning....such great detail here!

Lydia said...

Love these color combinations! And her hair looks so cool, as if you used wool:)

ScrappyPam said...

Very pretty skinny!!

Barb said...

Lovely !

Art Journey said...

Really beautifull, my compliments!