Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Funnies - Joan Davis & Jim Backus

"I Married Joan" was one of my favorite sitcoms back when I was young. I loved Joan Davis and thought she was very funny when I was a little girl. This clip from one of her shows is a little fuzzy, but really brought back memories for me when I watched it. Joan Davis was a comedienne who performed on stage and in the movies, and then became a TV star in the 1950s. Sadly, she died of a heart attack when she was only 53 years old. Tragically, her mother, daughter and grandchildren all died in a house fire two years after her death. You can read more about her here and here:

1 comment:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Jann, Sometimes the Lord has a way of taking people before worse things happen to them. It is very sad though.
I had a dear friend named Mary that died in her early 50's and before she passed, she prayed that God would watch out for her 2 grand daughters whose mother was a drug addict. The mother's drug habit got worse and worse after Mary died and her daughters were killed in a car wreck with her driving.
And I always thought, "At least they are in Heaven with Mary now". Sometimes, There are worse things than death.
Sending you much love, Nita
P.s I am getting ready to mail another package this week.