Wednesday, April 16, 2008



I found this photo of a card I made about a year ago for my youngest sister for her 50th birthday. I am one of those women who isn't "growing old gracefully" because I'm too hung up on silly things like wrinkles, gray hairs, wattles (where'd THAT come from?), sagging boobs and little spider veins mysteriously appearing on my legs. Well, today I decided that I'm alive, healthy, and I have a lot to be grateful for, so I'm going to quit belly-aching about growing old and just enjoy being along for the ride in this great thing we call life. My youngest sister and I made a pact that we are going to make it to 100 years old, and so I need to get started on that by keeping fit (start walking again, I love it), eating healthy (yeah, right--I love Cheetos and chocolate cake) and changing my attitude (I can do it)!

"Father Time is not always a hard parent, and, though he tarries for none of his children, often lays his hand lightly upon those who have used him well; making them old men and women inexorably enough, but leaving their hearts and spirits young and in full vigour. With such people the grey head is but the impression of the old fellow's hand in giving them his blessing, and every wrinkle but a notch in the quiet calendar of a well-spent life." ~Charles Dickens

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quote from "Charles Dickinson" and love your Card you made. Very inspirational. I love Mixed Media Art.

Do you do a lot of it?

Hugs,
Nene

Anonymous said...

Jann~

"Oh I forgot to tell you, Audrey Hepburn would look quite stunning on your side bar!!
Come back and take an Award or any of the other ones you like. Use the blank one with no words for a Collage or Card.

Hugs,
Nene

Sarah said...

It's hard to watch ourselves grow older. We have to accept it. Part of accepting I think, means, "growing old gracefully!" I'm only 33 years old so I guess I don't have room to talk but after having my 2 children (9 months and 5 years old) my body, mind, and spirit feels older than when I was 25. Those darn kids do it to us!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/